Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Cool down meditation Santhi (சாந்தி) is a must

When practising Kundalini (குண்டலினி) meditations:

1. It is very dangerous to read it from books and try it alone ourselves.
2. It is very dangerous if we do not do COOL DOWN meditation - Santhi (சாந்தி) as often as required by the body.

I have been affected a lot by the second of these 2. In my 10th std I learnt mediation from a Vethathiri centre. At that time I did not know that my brain and body is weak to handle intense life force concentration on my head. I did not learn சாந்தி properly. And I kept doing only higher level mediations for a year. Then I started getting headaches now and then. Also whenever I meditate, I would get headache. My mind was growing stronger - but my body was growing weaker.

Then I left meditation for 3 years. After that I started trying to do சாந்தி on and off. But till recent times, I was not able to concentrate at the position required by சாந்தி - Moolaadhaar மூலாதாரம். Only in the recent few weeks I am able to feel some thing at that position.

In the past, I mean before 500 years, many people have died due to not knowing this wonderful cool down technique. Meditating on head and upper levels will lead to such a huge intensity of life force on the head, which will damage all the brain cells. First that will cause you to act mad and will eventually lead to death.

So for intense mind users like us, it is very important to do சாந்தி one or more times in a week. And for weaker bodies, doing it every evening is recommended.

But the teachers at centre do not keep insisting its importance. They only advise us once or twice.

So whatever kundalini form of meditation you learn and practise, always check if there is a cool down meditation suggested and make sure you practise it as often as required. Otherwise it will drive you mad.

Gotcha?

No comments: